Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin Pasta



Date: 11/11/2010
Cook: Jen G.
Menu: Pumpkin Pasta from La Dolce Vegan, Broccoli and Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Joy of Vegan Baking

I was feeling pretty uninspired until late in the afternoon...but this meal came together quite quickly and was really good. My partner initially eschewed the sauce ("I'm not a big pumpkin lover, remember?") but after tasting mine, went to the kitchen and got a big spoonful for his bowl of pasta. The sauce itself was fast and straightforward to make- a nice and light savory pumpkin flavor, with some faux sausage thrown in. I myself am a fan of the fake sausage, so that was a big plus.

For this meal, I threw in some broccoli (my favorite) for green balance, and the chocolate chip cookies because I had a desire for dessert.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing. I somehow don't own La Dolce Vegan, but I've gotten it from the library and loved it. I may have to pick up a copy and make this pasta.

    Great blog/concept by the way. I wish I knew some vegan families who would want to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am cooking my way through all of Sarah Kramer's cookbooks and love LDV (as I call it!). This recipe is definitely a nice change of pace-- the pumpkin loses its sweetness and becomes a yummy savory sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked "real" sausage but I ADORE vegan sausages of all sorts!
    I need to get LDV....(Sounds like a religion!)

    ReplyDelete