Monday, November 8, 2010

On Not Eating the Shared Meal...Yet



Date: 11/8/2010
Cook: Jen C.
Menu: Chili
(Alternate Menu: Vegetable Soup)

We were out and about this evening so I stopped by Jen's to see if she wanted me to pick up dinner instead of her biking it by our place. She was still simmering the chili, so I called home and suggested making a quick bowl of pasta for our young un, who needed to eat. Shortly afterward, Jen and I realized that I could just take the chili and simmer it at home anyway.

When I got home, the so-called quick meal being prepared was a substantial pot of vegetable soup! And so our portion of tonight's meal share will be saved for lunch and probably dinner tomorrow.

This little episode serves to illustrate why I love meal share so much. Even when things stray from the original plan, you still end up with some delicious food.

No comments:

Post a Comment