Monday, April 11, 2011

Roasted Carrot Soup and Fennel Cauliflower Bake

Date: 04/07/2011
Cook:  Jen G.
Menu:  Roasted Coconut Carrot Soup, Cauliflower Fennel Bake, Rice and Spinach Salad with Berry Dressing

The soup was delightful- roast your veggies, add your ingredients in a pot, throw everything together and zizz with your handblender!  I added a sweet potato, and also thinned it with some rice milk after it was zizzed.  

The Cauliflower Fennel Bake was also very easy - chopped veggies and tofu, sprinkled with fennel and served over rice. I liked the flavors together.  My main problem came from the fact that I didn't choose a pan large enough to bake it all together and so I ended up putting 2 different pans in the oven. 
The spinach salad had toasted nuts and onions, the berry dressing was good though a tad oily.

All recipes were from La Dolce Vegan.


No comments:

Post a Comment