Saturday, January 22, 2011

ICE CREAM!!!

Date: 01/17/2011
Cook:  Jen C.
Menu: Onion and Lentil Soup with Caramelized Cabbage, Green Salad...but that isn't what is important.  What matters is that this mealgroup night involved ICE CREAM SAMPLE TIME!!!

So good, flavorful and warming!

Never underestimate the deliciousness of a simple green salad with beets and yummy dressing.

The soup was frickin' delicious, I have no idea how Jen pulled that magic off, especially since she spent the day in NYC shopping for a gelato freezer for her newest endeavor, ICE CREAM.  We lucked out in that Jen C.'s vendor just so happened to be bringing her samples that day, so for dessert we chowed down on:

YES!
YES!
YES!

 My favorite was peanut butter fudge, no surprise there.  What was surprising was how much I like the cinnamon raisin.  That was my second favorite.  The blueberry was also delectable. 

That night we had a big ice storm.

My trusty steed







2 comments:

  1. Yummy!! I want some peanut butter fudge too! I'm looking forward to the ice cream freezer in Jen's store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the ice cream to be at Jen's store!

    ReplyDelete