Thursday, November 4, 2010

Good Good Things Indeed



Date: 11/4/2010
Cook: Jen G.
Menu: Island Teriyaki Tofu w/ Noodles, Broccoli & Cauliflower; Brownies and Hemp Bliss

I was feeling completely uninspired to cook today. Not only is the rainy, cold weather bringing my mood down a few notches, but the entire STATE canceled school today (and tomorrow) so that teachers can go confer about being great educators. I support that in theory but in practice it means that the pleasant rhythms of my Thursday were rearranged...I'll spare you the details. This time.

On top of it all, this week's meal share group is down another person today as Jen C's daughter is also off on an exciting sojourn! Remembering this, and as mentioned, feeling uninspired, I must admit that Jen C. came VERY close to having a bean and rice bowl from Chipotle delivered as her meal today! (Note that I would be extremely thrilled for that to be delivered to me.)

So there I was, driving home in a grey car on a grey day feeling kinda colorless, when I remembered that I had just read about a VEEHHHHHHHRRRRRY tasty sounding meal on our friend Jenna's site, over yonder on Good Good Things. It sounded not just good but fairly straightforward too, and I had to stop at the store anyway so hey, why not pick up some marinade?

I followed Jenna's directions, but not very well. For example, I do not own a tofu press. I didn't cut all of my tofu into triangles. I accidentally dumped a bunch of marinade into my hot frying pan so the tofu sorta just cooked in its marinade instead of getting that nice fried flavor. HOWEVER! The entire meal came together pretty nicely. By far the best thing was that Jen C. came over for dinner and we had a really pleasant evening together. My partner made brownies for dessert (coincidentally from a recipe given to me by Ms. Jenna Good Good Things), which are THE BEST EVER, and we topped them with some Tempt ice cream while we played Clifford Bingo with my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment